Sunday, March 30, 2014

Book launch: My Nanna is a Ninja

Ninja author and ninja daughter
Today we tripped off to North Carlton, to The Little Bookroom, Australia's oldest children's bookshop. It was the launch of My Nanna is a Ninja, my first picture book.

We had a ball.

Nikos becomes a robot
There was a face painter, doing marvellous work with kids and grown-ups. (Including yours truly.) There were dragons, robots, ninja faces and ninja noses.

We had a fancy dress competition, which was won by an impossibly cute pumpkin named Margot.

Invisible enemies
I explained why I wrote the book (because nannas and ninjas are cool and worth celebrating), and then demonstrated my ninja skills against an invisible and sneaky enemy.

"But my nanna is a..."
And then I read My Nanna is a Ninja, with the kids yelling 'NINJA!' at all the right spots.

To cap off, I signed a heap of books -- and then signed another heap for The Little Bookshop. (So do drop in if you're after a special gift.)

More fun than tabi boots filled with bananas.

No comments: