Thursday, January 2, 2014

Out now: How to Think About Exercise


My first copy of How to Think About Exercise has just arrived. As with all the School of Life books, the designers have done a brilliant job: it's an eye-catching cover.

Inside, you'll find plenty of ideas about sport and fitness: not as mute mechanical movements, but as intellectual and imaginative exercises. It's a book about wholeness: the body and mind, working together.

It'll be in bookshops internationally on January 2nd: just in time for the turkey and pudding buzz to wear off, and for new year's resolutions about jogging, weights and yoga.

My hope is that How to Think About Exercise will be as helpful to read as it was for me to write (I now run for the reverie, not for the pulse rate).

Best season's greetings from me: see you in the new year.

No comments: