Friday, August 16, 2013

Portrait of the philosopher at thirty-eight (and gifts)

Today is my thirty-eighth birthday.

I woke up (more wearily than I'd prefer) to zealous cuddles from Nikos and Sophia, and then toast and tea.

The kids gave me lovely, hand-written cards, and a schmick new Bialetti coffee percolator.

(I gave myself a new 'Joker' t-shirt and a bottle of Laphroaig.)

This fortnight, my English publishers have also been giving me gifts: new covers.

Voltaire's Vine and Other Philosophies
(Random House UK, 4/14)
How to Exercise (Pan Macmillan UK, 1/14)
And the University of Queensland Press have showed me their outstanding cover design for My Nanna is a Ninja, my new picture book. (Still a secret. Out next year.)

Now off for the ultimate gift: some time with Ruth.

No comments: