Sunday, August 28, 2011

How to Philosophise with a... Jigsaw

Spring is here early - if only for a few days.

As I rambled last year for The Age, it's an invitation to get outside.

So we have.  Yesterday, before the grandmothers arrived for morning tea, Nikos and I made a car.

I cut and built the car (to Nikos' specifications), and Nikos painted it.

On Friday, Sophia and I also made a jigsaw puzzle. (Yes, with a jigsaw.)  She painted red soil, blue sky and orange sun, and I cut the shapes.

Obviously, I'm better with words than with wood.  But the kids won't know that for a few years.  In the meantime, I've orders for another puzzle, and a spy watch with a laser.

It takes me back to craft classes in high school. Only I'm actually making something, rather than talking non-stop or throwing things. (Both of which Sophia does admirably.)

Happy spring, folks.

No comments: